The Winkworth Group is the UK's leading designer and manufacturer of industrial mixing and blending machinery, based in Basingstoke. With an impressive product portfolio incorporating the Winkworth Mixers, BPT Skerman, Premier Colloid Mills and Ystral* (*Agency) our clients include many of the world’s leading food, industrial, pharmaceutical and household companies.
We recognise that our workforce is key to our performance and if you are a team player and would like to be part of a successful, enterprising and visionary company then we would like to hear from you.
Due to expansion in the business following our re-location to Basingstoke we have the following vacancies:
Design/Project Engineer - This role reports into the Design Manager and is to generate appropriate designs and detailed drawings which meet customer and /or research and development requirements.
- To develop detailed design specifications from written, verbal and other media.
- To generate design schemes, drawings, bills of materials, parts lists, technical manuals and other technical documentation using, but not limited to, AutoCAD Inventor, ICAPS, Word, Excel etc.
- Initiate, develop and project manage as agreed, cost effective designs for manufacture.
- Develop and apply skills and knowledge associated with the Company ‘database’ tools, e.g. ICAPS.
- Research, specify and recommend equipment and components for use in designs.
- Participate in site visits for development, servicing, training and warranty as applicable.
- Be the technical reference for the Company, where applicable.
Skills & Experience:
- Competent user of 3D Inventor
- Capital equipment design
- Possibly apprentice trained
Educational Qualifications: Minimum academic level required:- HNC Mechanical Engineering, Ideal academic level preferred:- Engineering Graduate.
Polisher – reporting to the Manufacturing Manager to finish manufactured items as specified via machine specifications in accordance with good manufacturing practices. Duties include preparation, finishing, polishing and pre-polishing of stainless steel; deburring of stainless steel items after final operations are complete; competent use of hand held equipment as applicable; working to written manufacturing instructions and administration as required; liaison with other departments as required; direct support and effort to other areas of the business as requested, including gardening and labouring.
Technical Sales Engineer – reporting to the Technical Sales Director to endeavour to achieve new and used machinery sales to agreed targets through sales visits, laboratory trials and demonstrations as applicable.
Suitable candidates are likely to have a degree in a relevant subject.
- To answer telephone enquiries and, where applicable, supply standard quotations with descriptions.
- To estimate the price of customer’s required modifications and quote for the modified machine.
- Produce and carry out customer’s presentations.
- Follow up quotations on the telephone and with visits.
- Assist in carrying out product trials on customer’s site and at Winkworth’s premises.
- Receive customer’s orders and ensure the client’s requirements are appropriately translated into useful formats for the manufacture and execution of the order.
- Follow up any non-engineering queries, after delivery.
- Be prepared to travel throughout the UK and worldwide on business trips.
- Amend, update and maintain the customer database (Goldmine) for all Sales activities.
- Attend exhibitions as and when required.
- Establish and develop new accounts and opportunities through the internet and cold calling and promotional efforts.
Fitter - Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager to assemble and fit various pieces of processing machinery.
Duties include: stripping, cleaning and re-assembling second hand processing equipment, Manufacture of components – some requiring a ‘make to suit’ approach, Competent use of hand held and powered tools, welding, polishing, finishing, etc. Translation of design requirements into assembled units in the most efficient manner and attendance to customer sites to perform service and repairs. Liaising with staff, supervisors and management to ensure parts availability.
Machinist - Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, operation of a Haas Lathe is an essential requirement.
Role involves the following, in accordance with good manufacturing practices:
Machining of various materials including: Stainless Steel, Mild Steel, Phosphor Bronze, PTFE, plastics and others as requested, Use of machinery and equipment, translation of drawn requirements into complete components in the most efficient manner working to written manufacturing instructions. Admin, cleaning and maintenance of machinery, creation of minor components that require a make to suit approach.
Welding Fabricator - Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager.
Involves the following in accordance with good manufacturing practices to the required standard:
Fabrication of Stainless and Mild Steel sheet and sections, thickness from 1mm to 25mm Welding using primarily TIG but also MIG. Manual cutting with Plasma and Flame cutting methods. Weld to insurance standards BS5500 competence measured by in house testing; Coded Welders only. Translate drawn requirements into manufactured components in the most efficient manner. Working to written manufacturing instructions.
These job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job descriptions may be altered to reflect the business needs of the company.
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to "The Personnel Manager"
Winkworth Machinery Ltd
Basingstoke, RG24 8FW
No agencies please. Employment with the Winkworth Group is conditional upon candidates having legal rights to live and work in the UK.
WINKWORTH GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.