The Winkworth Group is the UK's leading designer and manufacturer of industrial mixing and blending machinery, based in Basingstoke. With an impressive product portfolio incorporating the Winkworth Mixers, BPT Skerman, Premier Colloid Mills and Ystral* (*Agency) our clients include many of the world’s leading food, industrial, pharmaceutical and household companies.
We recognise that our workforce is key to our performance and if you are a team player and would like to be part of a successful, enterprising and visionary company then we would like to hear from you.
Due to expansion in the business following our re-location to Basingstoke we have the following vacancies:
Technical Sales Engineer – reporting to the Technical Sales Director to endeavour to achieve new and used machinery sales to agreed targets through sales visits, laboratory trials and demonstrations as applicable.
Suitable candidates are likely to have a degree in a relevant subject.
- To answer telephone enquiries and, where applicable, supply standard quotations with descriptions.
- To estimate the price of customer’s required modifications and quote for the modified machine.
- Produce and carry out customer’s presentations.
- Follow up quotations on the telephone and with visits.
- Assist in carrying out product trials on customer’s site and at Winkworth’s premises.
- Receive customer’s orders and ensure the client’s requirements are appropriately translated into useful formats for the manufacture and execution of the order.
- Follow up any non-engineering queries, after delivery.
- Be prepared to travel throughout the UK and worldwide on business trips.
- Amend, update and maintain the customer database (Goldmine) for all Sales activities.
- Attend exhibitions as and when required.
- Establish and develop new accounts and opportunities through the internet and cold calling and promotional efforts.
These job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job descriptions may be altered to reflect the business needs of the company.
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to "The Personnel Manager"
Winkworth Machinery Ltd
Basingstoke, RG24 8FW
No agencies please. Employment with the Winkworth Group is conditional upon candidates having legal rights to live and work in the UK.
WINKWORTH GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.