Role Objective: (brief summary of key function of role and where it fits into the organisation)
This role reports into the Works Manager and is to produce high quality, cost-effective fabrications in support of the business, for new and used machinery as directed, working from drawings and sketches as applicable.
Key Responsibilities: (list key tasks, responsibilities, deliverables etc.)
- Fabrication of stainless and mild steel sheet and sections
- Welding using MIG, TIG and Manual Metal Arc
- Manual cutting with Plasma and Flame cut methods
- Weld to insurance standards (BS5500/ BS EN 286) competence measured by in house testing (Coded Welders only)
- Translate drawn requirements into manufactured components in the most efficient manner
- Work to written manufacturing instructions
- Liaise with fabricator/welders and other staff to ensure optimum production efficiency and effectiveness is achieved
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace environment compatible with an open workshop facility
- Use of appropriate hand held and powered tools and equipment as applicable in the execution of the tasks set
- Liaison with staff, supervisors and management to ensure parts availability is appropriate for the tasks set.
Skills & Experience: (include generic, specific sector, people management, languages etc.)
Welding and fabrication skills such as cutting, marking out, squaring off, bending etc. Proficient in using guillotine, rolls, brake press and hand tools as necessary.
Educational Qualifications – Minimum academic level required:
City & Guilds / B Tech First Certificate / NVQ L2Ideal academic level preferred:
|Additional Specifications / Comments:|
|May be required to travel from time to time nationally or internationally in support of installed machines / on-site machinery repairs. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be altered to reflect the business needs of the company.|