Role Objective: (brief summary of key function of role and where it fits into the organisation)
As part of the Engineering Team, this role reports to the Head of Operations and is to generate appropriate designs, detailed drawings, and technical documentation to meet customer and/or research and development requirements.
Key Responsibilities: (list key tasks, responsibilities, deliverables etc.)
- To develop detailed 3D designs from written, verbal and other media.
- To generate design schemes, drawings, bills of materials, technical manuals and other technical documentation using, but not limited to,
- Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Word, Excel etc.
- Ensure designs are supported by first principal calculations for proof of concept and component durability.
- Initiate, develop and produce cost effective designs for ease of manufacture.
- Research, specify and recommend equipment and components for use in designs.
- Participate in site visits as technical support to Sales and Project Management, and to aid personal development.
Skills & Experience: (include generic, specific sector, people management, languages etc.)
- Competent user of Autodesk 3D Inventor or an alternative 3D software with a willingness to embrace Inventor.
- Experience in designing equipment falling under Pressure Equipment Directive and/or ATEX regulations is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with Autodesk Vault, is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in capital equipment design, ideally in rotating and articulating machinery.
- Will have to commute to our offices in Basingstoke.
Educational Qualifications – Minimum academic level required:
2.1 Degree in Mech Eng or equivalent
|Additional Specifications / Comments:
|May be required to travel from time to time nationally or internationally in support of installed machines / on-site machinery repairs. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be altered to reflect the business needs of the company.