Role Objective: (brief summary of key function of role and where it fits into the organisation)
To ensure the quality of manufactured and procured goods are in compliance with specification, ensuring good quality breeds productivity and enhances our reputation in the supply of machinery, spares and aftersales services. Actively support the manufacturing operation and ensure compliance with quality systems to ensure the provision of quality goods and services.
To be considered for the role, candidates should ideally possess the following attributes, knowledge and skills:
- Develop systems and regimes to inspect and monitor the quality of incoming and outgoing goods to verify compliance to drawing/specification.
- Carry our routine inspection of manufactured parts (machined and fabricated parts and fabricated assemblies) from in-house production and sub-contract suppliers to confirm adherence to drawing/specification through inspection and measurement.
- Reject all materials, parts and machinery that fail to meet specification, maintaining appropriate records.
- Where the possibility of a concession exists, consult with engineering to obtain formal concessions.
- Inspect supplier documentation and photograph components associated with ATEX rated parts.
- Visit suppliers to inspect significant sub-contracted parts or proprietary equipment prior to delivery.
- Document inspection outcomes and maintain appropriate records.
- Monitor and report upon the quality of supplied materials and goods, and in-house production.
- Contribute to and promote the use of Non-Conformity Reporting and Opportunity for Improvement System.
- Resolve any quality issues in a timely manner, with internal departments and suppliers.
- Recommend improvements to the relevant departments to ensure quality is improved.
- Manage calibration of measuring and monitoring equipment.
Skills & Experience: (include generic, specific sector, people management, languages, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in a capital equipment arena.
- Confident and competent to work independently.
- Prior experience using standard inspection equipment is essential.
- Prior experience in using a Trimos intelligent height and Faro Arm is highly desirable, but training can be provided.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good decision making skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Computer literate and proficient in Excel and Word.
Educational Qualifications – Minimum academic level required:
NVQ/SVQ Level 3 / ONC/OND in Mechanical / Production Engineering
|Additional Specifications / Comments:
|This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be amended to reflect the business needs of the company